We used to explore drones for taking photos or making wonderful videos. However, there are many other options where drones can be also used. For example, drone trucks are able to deliver packages. Moreover, the drone trucks can serve to deliver mails, move equipment to remote industrial facilities, like oil rigs without pilots. As you can see, drones may be explored in different ways. Therefore, the issue appears: “Will the drone’s logistics replace the truck delivery industry?”
Here you’ll find lots of useful information, concerning the drone limitation, the drone truck benefits, and the future of the ordinary trucks.
Is Drone Delivery Allowed?
According to the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA), unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones are not yet approved for commercial use. However, such changes in regulations will lead to a great effect on the trucking industry. Today, the maximum allowed speed is 100 miles per hour and an altitude of 500 feet.
A drone has never been used as a package carrier before. It is usually used by military and photographers but not by a post office. However, it is going to change.
Truck Industry VS Drone Truck
A drone has been considered as a way of delivering packages at a recent time. Most people find it a little bit unusual because everybody is used to see a truck caring their packages at a doorstep. And no one expected such changes in the nearest future. Fortunately, it has turned out. Of course, truck delivery is not a bad way of logistics, but a drone truck is much better. Why is it so? Here is an explanation divided into several points:
- 30 minutes of delivery. Have you ever faced the problem of late delivery? We are sure that your answer is “yes”. It is a common thing that a delivery truck is stuck in a traffic jam. The road traffic often holds up trucks on the way to the destination. Fortunately, the drone trucks will fix the problem. Since there are no traffic jams in the sky, the drones will not be late. It is believed that those drone logistics will be able to do their job within 30 minutes. It is very convenient, isn’t it?
- Delivering options. Well, the next benefit is a variety of different job kinds the drone trucks can do. As we have mentioned, they can deliver packages, however, it is not the one job they can do. The drone trucks can serve to deliver mails, move equipment to remote industrial facilities, like oil rigs, all without pilots. As you see, drones will be very useful in the nearest future. They will serve not only for taking photos but also for doing different other kinds of job.
- No fuel. Drones do not need any fuel. Everything a drone owner need to do is to charge the battery. It is cheaper than purchasing some fuel.
- No crash. There is a risk of a road traffic accident, which leads to death, huge expenses, and damaged goods. No one would like to experience such an accident. That’s why the drone trucks are a great idea. The sky will provide those drones with enough amount of space to fly. It means that the drone trucks will not be in a danger of a crash.
- Environmentally friendly. Since the drones do not require fuel, they are good for the environment. The electric drones can save fuel, and, potentially, carbon emissions. Well, they are able to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. That is why it is a fantastic solution for many of our environment- related problems. So, why not to take an advantage of a more efficient and cleaner way of logistics?
- Removal areas. There are lots of different villages and removal places. Thus, sometimes, is a little bit difficult to reach them. Moreover, it is costly to deliver only one or two packages in an area that is situated very far. That’s why the drone trucks come in a handy in this case. They can easily reach the destination and it is not expensive to explore them.
- Video Surveillance. One more point in the drone trucks favor is the video camera that is located on a drone. It enables the owner to see the whole rout of his gadget. Moreover, this video surveillance will be available not only to the owner but to every customer who is waiting for the package.
- Future prospect of people transportation. The last but not least is the passenger travel option. There is an idea to create electric autonomous air vehicles. It is not about planes. The idea is actively worked on and will be realized in the near future. Therefore, we will be able to travel by those electric autonomous air vehicles.
Will the Drone’s Logistics Replace the Truck Delivery Industry?
It is a topical issue for today. Is it a truth that there will be no need in ordinary trucks? Well, it is not almost so, because it is profitable to deliver a lot of packages in one destination with the help of ordinary trucks. The drone logistics will replace those ordinary trucks a bit. However, the truck delivery will not disappear. It will be useful at any rate.
The drone trucks are much better than ordinary delivery trucks. They are environmentally friendly because they do not need fuel. Moreover, those drones have video surveillance that enables people to see the rout. And the main benefit is a quick service. The customers will not wait for hours for their purchases anymore. The drone guarantees 30 minutes delivery. However, the ordinary delivery truck will not disappear. It will be still useful because it is profitable to deliver many packages in one destination with the help of ordinary trucks.