From time immemorial, beautiful long hair was considered the main indicator of female beauty. Therefore, beauties grew their hair, braided it in braids, and decorated it with flowers. Nowadays, in order to look fashionable, it is not necessary to have natural long hair, because at any moment, turning to a stylist, you can extend it to create a gorgeous festive styling for an important event. In this article, we are going to dwell on the most popular hairstyles that you can do yourself at home with hair extensions.
What is hair extensions?
Externally, hair extensions do not differ from natural ones, however, their care should be special in order to preserve the beauty and neat appearance for a long time.
You should take into account several nuances:
- do not comb the extended curls;
- in the process of washing your head, throw it back so that the hair does not get tangled with the attached strands;
- use cosmetic products to care for extended curls. It can be rinsed, masks, various gels, and balms;
- you can dry “non-native” curls with a hairdryer only in cold mode;
- do not try to color and tint the attached strands yourself. Entrust this business to professionals, otherwise, you will get a disappointing result;
- hairstyles with hair extensions should look natural. This can be achieved by hiding the places where the strands are attached to the “native” curls;
- if you want to create hairstyles for extended hair at home yourself, do not use heavy jewelry, they will pull off the attached strands and spoil the look of the styling.
Side “spikelet” hairstyle
In the process of weaving a side spikelet, you must adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- Comb your curls well first. They should not fall to one side.
- Choose any edge, weave a regular French braid. Stick to fine weaving – often alternate thin strands with each other to make them look neat.
- Braid the entire length of the curls, although a small ponytail is fine.
- Twist the remaining unbraided curls with a curling iron.
- Attach any decoration.
For lovers of loose hair, the “Waterfall” styling is the best choice. It is very gentle, romantic, will look great at an evening event. How to do it:
- Comb your hair well, make a neat side parting.
- At the base of the resulting parting, take three small thin strands and weave a braid, making an overlap first on the right and then on the left.
- The right strands are not woven into the braid, they remain free.
The result is a voluminous French braid, from which loose curls come out. It is recommended to twist them with a curling iron heated to a minimum temperature.
Girls like the “Bun” hairstyle, because it is comfortable, practical, and at the same time very elegant. How to make a fluffy bun from extended curls:
- Separate a wide strand above the forehead and comb it well.
- Then lift it, forming a small spinner, slide it forward and fix it with a thin hairpin.
- From the rest of the curls on the crown, collect a tight high tail and form a tourniquet from it, laying it along the central part of the head.
- Sprinkle the resulting bunch with a clamp and decorate with beautiful hairpins.